All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Unlocking the Bible, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
Sermon Audio, Video, PDFs
You have permission and are encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in any format you choose, as long as you do not alter or change the wording in any way and do not charge a fee. For posting on the web, a link to our website (www.unlockingthebible.org) is preferred.
Any exceptions must be approved in writing by Unlocking the Bible. Please contact the ministry directly regarding other requests.
Blog Articles and LifeKEYS Devotionals
Please contact Unlocking the Bible for written permission to reproduce and distribute this material on your website. If written permission is granted, we ask that you do not alter or change the wording in any way. You must include a link to the original material, as well as the original author’s full name.
You may use information on Unlocking the Bible products and services (such as data sheets, knowledge base articles, and similar materials) purposely made available by Unlocking the Bible for downloading from the Site, provided that you (1) not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Your Use of the Site
You may not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. Unlocking the Bible reserves the right to bar any such activity.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any Unlocking the Bible server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate or illegal means.
You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of Unlocking the Bible, including any Unlocking the Bible account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or Unlocking the Bible’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site or to Unlocking the Bible.
You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.
You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Unlocking the Bible on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
Accounts, Passwords and Security
Certain features or services offered on or through the Site may require you to open an account (i.e. registration). You agree that you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account, and that Unlocking the Bible has no responsibility for such confidentiality. You agree to notify Unlocking the Bible immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Unlocking the Bible or any other user of or visitor to the Site due to someone else using your Unlocking the Bible ID, password or account.
You may not use anyone else’s Unlocking the Bible ID, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that Unlocking the Bible ID, password or account. Unlocking the Bible cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Links to Other Sites and to the Unlocking the Bible Site
This Site may contain links to other independent third-party websites (“Linked Sites”).
These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under Unlocking the Bible’s control, and Unlocking the Bible is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
UNLOCKING THE BIBLE DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE OR FEATURE OF THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE DELIVERED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. UNLOCKING THE BIBLE CANNOT ENSURE THAT ANY FILES OR OTHER DATA YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. UNLOCKING THE BIBLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNLOCKING THE BIBLE DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY UNLOCKING THE BIBLE SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST UNLOCKING THE BIBLE FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action. Your use of the Site constitutes a waiver and release of any claims related to such damages, liabilities or injuries.
Unlocking the Bible reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Site, or any portion of the Site, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Site, or any portion of the Site, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will Unlocking the Bible be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if Unlocking the Bible has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold Unlocking the Bible, its officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys” fees), made against Unlocking the Bible by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.
Unlocking the Bible may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Site, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Unlocking the Bible’s rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of the Site, including Unlocking the Bible’s customers.
Unlocking the Bible reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that Unlocking the Bible deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. Unlocking the Bible also may disclose your information when Unlocking the Bible determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
You agree that Unlocking the Bible may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Site, for cause, which includes (but is not limited to) (1) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (2) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (3) discontinuance or material modification of the Site or any service offered on or through the Site, or (4) unexpected technical issues or problems.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
Void Where Prohibited
Unlocking the Bible administers and operates the UnlockingTheBible.org and OpenTheBible.org sites from its location in Barrington, Ill. USA; other Unlocking the Bible sites may be administered and operated from various locations outside the United States. Although the Site is accessible worldwide, not all features, products or services discussed, referenced, provided or offered through or on the Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or appropriate or available for use outside the United States. Unlocking the Bible reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the Site is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your sole risk and you shall be and remain solely responsible for complying with applicable laws and regulations.
You may not use or export or re-export any Content or any copy or adaptation of such Content, or any product or service offered on the Site, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation United States export laws and regulations.
Unlocking the Bible provides access to Unlocking the Bible international data and, therefore, may contain references or cross references to Unlocking the Bible products, programs and services that are not announced in your country. Such reference does not imply that Unlocking the Bible intends to announce, distribute or sell such products, programs or services in your country.
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential and volunteered for Unlocking the Bible’s use. Unlocking the Bible shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis and without any reference to the source or reimbursement.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Personal information released willingly to us will be used:
1) For online purchases through our e-commerce platform;
2) For online donations through a third-party platform;
3) For email subscriptions to receive online content;
4) For sample resource requests;
5) For responding to inquiries from our Contact Us page.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. Where you provide us with your personal information in any of the ways described in this policy, you agree that, to the extent applicable, we may collect, store, and use it (a) in order to perform our contractual obligations to you, (b) based on our legitimate interest for processing (e.g., for our administrative purposes, website performance, or for the detection and/or prevention of crime), or (c) based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our website.
Information We Collect
Any personal information freely provided to Unlocking the Bible or Open the Bible for the processing of donations, purchases, or other requests is considered of utmost value; therefore, we will do everything in our power to ensure that your information stays secure. Your transmitted information is secured through SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Your private information will remain confidential and will not be sold or distributed outside the ministry.
Remember, there is always the chance that personal information could be leaked over the Internet, and for that reason, if applicable, we ask that you please keep track of your usernames and passwords; log out of our website each time you transact; and make sure you are using a secure Internet connection when you do transact.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
• Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your customer account. For example, those who make a donation, make purchases, or request information and resources related to Unlocking the Bible provide a name, organization name, email address, and/or phone number, and if applicable, a password.
• Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us—such as through the online e-commerce platform—or if you make a donation, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
• Communications With Us: You may also provide us with information when you request resource materials, respond to surveys, communicate with our staff about a support question, or post a question using the Contact Us link.
• Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
• Log Information: Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our website.
• Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and may use this information to, for example, display a message about upcoming events in your area.
• Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information, such as an email address or phone number from third-party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like emailing and phone calls.
How and Why We Use Information
• Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
• To process online purchases through our e-commerce platform;
• To process online donations through a secure third-party platform;
• To process email subscriptions for you to receive online content;
• To fulfill requests for sample resources;
• To respond to inquiries sent via our Contact Us page;
• To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our content
• To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our correspondence and campaigns, and better understand user retention and attrition – for example, we may analyze how many individuals access various online media or purchase items from our e-commerce platform after receiving a specialized newsletter;
• To monitor and prevent any problems with our website and its content, protect its security, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Unlocking the Bible and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of various areas of the website; and
• To communicate with you – for example, through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Unlocking the Bible and others we think may be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on events, products, and/or resources at Unlocking the Bible.
• Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
This section is for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
• The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account.
• The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
• The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
• We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our website and its content, to improve our website and its content so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
• You have given us your consent –for example, before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
• How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
• Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
• Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
• To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Unlocking the Bible, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
• With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Share feature.
• Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
• Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services – for example, making a donation or purchasing through our e-commerce platform – may not be accessible.
• Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile website and/or mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
• Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
• Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Unlocking the Bible’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Unlocking the Bible’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
• Close Your Account: While we would be sorry to see you go, if you no longer want to use our services, you may request your Unlocking the Bible account to be closed. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, for example, for legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
• Request access to your personal data;
• Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
• Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
• Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
• Request portability of your personal data.
You can contact us to exercise any of these requests by referring to the next section, How to Reach Us, or by accessing the Contact Us page. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
• Use the form on the Contact Us page.
• Mailing Address: Unlocking the Bible, P.O. Box 3454, Barrington, IL 60011
• Phone: 1-866-865-6253
May 25, 2018 — Major updates to reflect the requirements by GDPR.
"The Flight" is a 3-session journey through the Bible that will introduce you to 5 people from the Old Testament, 5 events from the life of Jesus, and 5 gifts God gives to every Christian. It doesn’t matter how much or how little you know about the Bible, "The Flight" is a great place to begin.
"The Drive" is a 30-session journey that explores the peaks and valleys of the Bible story. Once you’ve completed "The Flight", "The Drive" will take you deeper into the valleys of the Old Testament, the peaks of the glory of Jesus, and the ups and downs of the Christian life.
"The Hike" is our most rigorous path through the Bible story. If you’re up for a challenge and you want to dig deep roots into God’s Word, this 50-session journey is for you. Each session includes 5 questions for personal reflection or group discussion.