A Flight Through the Bible Story - 5 People from the Old Testament - Teaching (audio)
PDF Transcript: You can read the transcript here under “Teaching.”
Use these questions to further engage with God’s Word in personal reflection or a group discussion:
- If you could choose one word to describe how God deals with His people, what would you choose and why?
- What is one thing you will take away from the Old Testament story?
- Can you think of a place or two where the Old Testament points forward to Jesus Christ?
Questions to Go Deeper:
- Why is understanding the Old Testament important in understanding who Jesus is?
- Why is the Old Testament important in our lives? (See Romans 15:4; 1 Corinthians 10:11; 2 Timothy 3:16–17.)
- Summarize the Old Testament using the five people from this session: Adam, Abraham, Moses, David, Nehemiah.
Respond to this teaching in prayer:
- Praise God for His beautiful design in creation and His sovereign hand in caring for His people.
- Confess your sin to God and continual need of His grace.
- Thank God for the gifts He has given us, and for His grace in giving us His Word.
- Ask God for a greater faith and hope in what He has revealed in His Word.