And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 1 Peter 5:10 (NIV)
When God’s work in you is complete, you will be in glory and glory will be in you. This is your calling and your destiny. Let’s reflect on what that is going to be like:
1. Capacity. In glory, you will be everything that God created you to be. Christ will renovate your entire nature.
2. Clarity. Mysteries that you cannot begin to understand now will be made known. And in the light of that knowledge, God will wipe away all tears from your eyes.
3. Immediacy. God will be with His people, and Christ the Shepherd will lead us into all the joys of everlasting life.
4. Beauty. God will make a new heaven and a new earth, and your redeemed senses will be filled up with the beauty of God’s restored creation.
5. Variety. Life will be filled with pleasures from the creator God’s almighty hand, and they will always be new.
6. Safety. There will be no fear and no threat of natural disasters, no enemies, no dangers, and no accidents.
7. Community. God will bring a community together—a holy city, a vast crowd of people living in harmony together.
8. Creativity. People today have the creativity to do marvelous things. Think of what it will be like in the presence of the Creator when we work in harmony together.
9. Intimacy. You will discover what it is to truly know the full depths of another person, to be known and understood, and to be accepted fully and completely. There will be no shame in it.
10. Eternity. It will be forever. Because you have known God on earth, you will know joy without interruption in a life that will never end.
Which of these dimensions of glory most sparks your anticipation for heaven?